Ogden D. Miller Memorial Athletic Center
The Athletic Center is the central hub for Gunnery’s athletic programs. There are two gyms, a wrestling room, locker rooms and changing areas for Gunnery programs and for visiting teams. The Noto Fitness Center, equipped with free weights, weight machines, and cardiovascular equipment that was upgraded in January 2011, allows teams to do additional training and provides open hours for students and faculty use in their free time. An ACT certified trainer is on staff at The Athletic Center to support students with sports-related injuries and recovery.
Named for the founder and first coach of Gunnery crew, Rod Beebe, Beebe Boathouse is located on Lake Waramaug, approximately seven miles from campus. The facility provides heated, winterized storage for up to ten crew shells, outdoor boat racks for additional equipment and three Jetfloat docks for launching. Lake Waramaug is also home to The Gunnery’s 6-lane buoyed Founders Day Regatta course, set up by Gunnery coaches and volunteers each May.
Linen rink is home to Gunnery’s ice hockey teams. There are locker room facilities for the boys’ and girls’ varsity programs and two locker rooms for visiting teams. The rink is also available during the winter for students, faculty and the Washington community to use for skating, hockey, or broomball. In the spring season, the space is used for baseball batting cages.
The Gunnery has eight courts for use by students and faculty throughout the year and the tennis teams during the spring season. The four hard courts were resurfaced in 2007 with DecoTurf and the four Har-tru clay courts were given a complete upgrade in 2003.
This field, named for Richard Storrs Barnes, class of 1866, is located below the Haddick Field House. The field was converted to a multi-purpose turf field in 2014. It is used by the Field Hockey program for practices and games in the fall. The Football team also uses it for some practices and for all its home games, as it has since 1928. The baseball diamond, which was relocated in 2002, is at the far edge of the field.
Football Practice Field/Softball Field
This field, located next to the Athletic Center, is used for practices by the Football program in the fall and converted for use by the Softball team in the spring.
Underhill Memorial Field
This field, located on the edge of campus, is used by the Soccer programs in the fall and is the home field for Lacrosse in the spring.
James R. Haddick Field House
Named after beloved faculty member and coach, James R. Haddick, this building, dating from 1928 and extensively renovated in 2000, is home to locker rooms for boys and girls teams and faces the Barnes Field, with bleachers for home field hockey, football and baseball games.
Washington Golf Club
The Washington Golf Club course, two miles from campus, serves as home to our golf team.